In the dynamic media landscape, there is a growing need for professionals
who are experts in how media influences human behavior
, how to use and create media, as well as how to advise others on its creation in order to affect positive social change in our world.
Earn your master’s degree in this innovative field through our online Media Psychology program. Maintain your professional career and stay in your community while studying. Enjoy great flexibility and attention to your individual goals.
Discover the Fielding Difference.
Renowned for developing the first media psychology PhD program in the country, Fielding faculty cultivate student engagement around the major issues facing media and society. You join a vibrant online community of scholars and professionals engaged in a theoretical and practical understanding of:
- Emerging Media: how social media and the Internet have transformed society
- Neuromarketing: the psychological impact of media on consumers
- Transmedia Storytelling: engaging customers and audiences across media technology platforms
- Audience Engagement: the psychology of finding and engaging your audience
- Global Media: media effects on society, individuals, and cultures
- Positive Psychology: how media can be used for socially constructive purposes.
Explore new professional opportunities.
Our students and alumni are already applying their knowledge of media psychology in fields such as:
- Independent consulting
- Media and entertainment
- Film and media studies
- Digital marketing
- Public policy and advocacy
- Human services and health care
Alumni of the MA in Media Psychology are eligible for articulated credit
in Fielding’s doctoral degree programs in educational leadership for change, human and organization development, clinical psychology and media psychology.