Areas of Instruction:
- MSC Program – Developmental Psychology: Innovation, Learning, and Online Education; Capstone, Narrative Psychology
- PhD Program – Statistics, Content Analysis, Special Topics in Media Psychology, Positive Psychology, Quantitative/Qualitative Analysis Software
Scholarly & Professional Interests:
Social impact of technology and new media including:
- Social Media
- How we communicate in a digital world
- The Digital Classroom
- Augmented Reality
- Managing our Digital Image
- Changing Cultures
- Environments – Digital, Virtual & More
- Media Literacy
- Media Reform
- Audience Profiling
- Public Relations
- APA – American Psychological Association
- APS – Association For Psychological Science
- ASTD – American Society of Training and Development
- BEA – Broadcast Education Association
- EPA – Eastern Psychological Association
- ICA – International Communications Association
- IEEE – Institute of electrical and Electronic Engineers
- IPPA – International Association for Positive Psychology
- PRSA – Public Relations Society of America
- SCP – Society for Consumer Psychology
- SPA – Society for Personality Assessment
- STP – Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Toastmasters International – West Hartford Chapter
- The Connecticut Psychological Association, Inc.
- Hogg, J.L. (in press). Semantics. Encyclopedia of Cross-cultural Encyclopedia.
- Hogg, J.L. (in press). Messages. Encyclopedia of Cross-cultural Encyclopedia.
- Hogg, J.L. (in press). McCrae, Robert R.. Encyclopedia of Cross-cultural Encyclopedia.
- Hogg, J.L. (in press). Personality Characteristics and the Use of Social Media. American Behavioral Science.
- Hogg, J.L. (2011, October). Psychological keys to success in MAR systems: Applying cognitive science to MAR design. Workshop tutorial delivered at the IEEE ISMAR Conference, Basel, Switzerland.
- Hogg, J.L. (2011, August). Personality Characteristics and the Use of Social Media. Presentation delivered at the 118th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C.
- Hogg, J.L. (2011, May). The World Becomes the Classroom. Presentation delivered at the 2011 Augmented Reality Event (ARE), Santa Clara, California.
- Cabiria, J., & Hogg, J.L. (2011, January). Augmented Reality: Truly Immersive. Seminar presented at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Cabiria, J., & Hogg, J.L. (2011, January). Tech Boot Camp: Augmented Reality. Workshop presented at the EDUCAUSE Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Hogg, J.L. (2010, May). Impact of personality on communication: An MMPI-2 Study of African American College Students. Presentation delivered at the 22nd Annual Convention of the Association for Psychological Science, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hogg, J.L., & Paulson, K. (2010, May). Touching Perfection: When Human Images Are No Longer Human. Presentation delivered at the GIScience IGERT Conference on Representing Reality: Imagery in the Cognitive, Social and Natural Sciences in Buffalo, New York.
- Hogg, J.L. (2009, May). Virtual Worlds, Globalization, and Psychology: Benefits of New Pedagogies. Presentation delivered at the Conference on Social Psychology in Ireland, Limerick, Ireland.
- Hogg, J.L. (2008, July). Impact Of Culture, Personality and Digital Media On The Virtual Classroom. Presentation delivered at the XXIX International Congress of Psychology, Berlin, Germany.
- Hogg, J.L. & Cabiria, J. (2008, April). Virtual Worlds: Immersive Learning Strategies For Overseas Engagement. Presentation delivered at the Federal Virtual Worlds Expo: Implementing the Future, Washington, DC.
- Adjunct Faculty, Media Psychology & Social Change Graduate Program, Fielding Graduate University.
- Adjunct Faculty, School of Psychology, Fielding Graduate Univeristy.
Other Professional Activities:
- Assistant Professor of Communication Management & Media Psychology, Bay Path College
- Senior research fellow, Media Psychology Research Center
- Affiliated with: University of Hartford, UCLA Extension and UC Irvine Extension Business School
- Writer, researcher, and authors a blog for the American Psychological Association’s Society for the Psychology of Women and Psychology Today