Areas of Instruction:
- Leadership and Change
- Redefining Curriculum
- Organizational Theories
- Management Theories
- Program Evaluation, Theory & Application
- Public Policy and Practice
Scholarly & Professional Interests:
- Social Justice
- Higher Education
- Goddard College, Board of Trustees member, and Chair of Academic and Student Affairs Committee, Plainfield, Vermont
- Math Power, Board of Trustees member, 2004 to present, Boston, Massachusetts
- Walker Home and School, Advisory Board member, Needham, Massachusetts, 1993 to present
Honors and Awards:
- Chair, Harvard Educational Review
- Co-founder, Center for Urban and Minority Education
- Governor Appointment, Board of Higher Education, Boston, Massachusetts
- Murrell, P., Borunda, M. R. 1998. Cultural and Community Politics of Educational Equity: Towards a new framework of PDS'. In Professional Development Schools ed. N. Lauter, New York, New York. National Center for Restructuring Education, School and Teaching.
- Thouvenelle, S., Borunda, M., and McDowell, C. 1994. Replicating Inequities: Are we doing it again? In Young Children: Active learners in a technological age. cds. J. L. Wright and D. D. Shade, 151-166.
- Leslie University: Meeting the nation's teacher quality challenges at scale. Panel discussion at the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (with M. Borunda, D. Haselkorn, & L. Grisham). 2005.
- Early Literacy Proficiency Gap Task Force Report, 2009, Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Steps Forward, Recommendation of the 2007-2008 Massachusetts Early Education and Out of School Time Workforce Development Task Force, Chapter; Credentialing and Career Lattice, 68-78, 2008, Massachusetts Department of Early Care and Education, United Way, Schott Foundation.
Dean, School of Educational Leadership & Change