Areas of Instruction:
- Statistics and Measurements
- Organizational Behavior & Leadership
Scholarly & Professional Interests:
- Performance Management (both individual and organizational)
- Statistics and Measurement
- Online learning modalities
Honors and Awards:
- Taft Graduate Fellowship, 1979
- Socio-Technical System Alliance, Year’s Most Successful Implementation, Montreal, 1987
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., and Linder, Nalani, “Systems Thinking and the MBTI, Pegasus Communicator, November, 2011.
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., Statistics, Measures and Methods for Organizational Effectiveness, Packt Publishing, June, 2010.
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., “Organizational Values: The Driver of Culture”, Pegasus Communications, June, 2008
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., “Managing Growth in Your Emerging Business”, Small Business Forum, University of Wisconsin, Fall, 1995.
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., “Quality and Culture: Ignored, yet Inseparable”, APQC Journal, June, 1991.
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., “Altering Work Behaviors through Structural Change,” AQC Journal, (June, 1987).
- Frakes, Jeffrey A., Supervisor-Employee Motivation as Determinants of Productivity, U of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1980.Heisel, Donald M. and Frakes, Jeffrey A., “The Emerging Impact of Women in the Workforce”, Personnel Administrator, June, 1978.
IBM Center for Business and Government, Measuring the Impact of Cross Governmental Teams, 2012.
- Jeff A. Frakes, PhD is a Field Faculty member for the Organizational Management program at Fielding Graduate University. He serves as President of Performance Innovations, Inc. a company that provides performance consulting services. A division of Performance Innovations, workshopsontheweb.com, Inc. , provides internet-based on-line training, management coaching and assessments.
- Dr. Frakes has over 20 years as a Human Resources Executive in manufacturing and service industries. He has an extensive background in value-added approaches at the corporate and plant levels resulting in demonstrated cost savings. Jeff also has experience in start-ups, implementing growth cycles and managing organizational change.
- Dr. Frakes has a solid teaching and instructional background including his work as an Adjunct Professor in Business, College of Graduate and Adult Studies at the University of Maryland, Adjunct Professor in Adult Studies at Concordia University and Adjunct Professor, School of Business at the University of Wisconsin.
- Dr. Frakes holds a PhD with an emphasis in Organization Development from University of Cincinnati. He received a Master's in Administration from the University of Cincinnati and earned his Bachelor's degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.